Header AD

Nail School - Day 34

Yesterday (Friday), I didn't get home until very late because immediately after school I did nail art at my friend's store to celebrate her grand opening! I'll be posting about that later today.

Friday marked a very special day for me. It was exactly one week until I graduate nail school. At the end of my first week I blogged about accomplishments I hoped to achieve by the end of nail school. Here they are again with updates on my progress!

1. First and foremost, I want to get my nail technician license. This is really the only reason I'm taking the class to being with. I want to be able to practice nail art on others as a (sort of) career.

Obviously I don't have my license yet, but I'm on the right track to getting it! I am very confident that I will pass both of my exams after I complete school. After last night, I'm also confident that I will be able to practice nail art on others as a career. It might be a specialty thing, but it's fun and priced correctly, everyone wants it!

2. I want to be able to shape and file nails so that they are all the same length and shape. This has always been really hard for me. I depend too much on the nail bed and not enough on the length of the entire nail. I also really stink at filing. Once I tried to make my nails square and they were all sorts of crooked and crazy looking.

Okay, I was only semi-successful at this one. I am definitely way better at filing. But I feel that my biggest accomplishment with regards to filing is that now I can see what is wrong with the shape or length of the nail. However, that doesn't always mean I can fix it. 

3. I REALLY want to be able to create obele nails (see picture below). I think that I could do so much awesome nail art on these nails and I have an idea of how to make them more wearable too. I'm also interesting in learning the edge nail, which is a less dramatic version of the obele.

I'm gonna say accomplished on this one! You all saw my "The Edge" nail on Day 28. And I was so excited that on Friday I made my modified Obele nails! I, however, like a dolt, left them at school. I promise photos ASAP (probably Monday evening). We have these lockers at school and you get in trouble if you forget something at home so I always leave everything in the lockers, which is why I constantly can't show you all pics of the fun stuff I do! 

4. I want to have a job opportunity that allows me to do more nail art than the average nail tech. 

This one is almost definitely accomplished. But I don't want to count my chickens, so I'm going to wait to tell you all more about that for a few days =)

5. I want to get faster at nail art so that when I'm doing others nails it isn't too long of a procedure.

Oh yeah, I totally got this one. I can do a simple design in as little as 10 minutes now. And even more complicated designs don't typically take more more than an hour. But instead of worrying so much about this goal, I think I'll set a new goal: Don't be such a slave to the clock. 

6. I want to find out what types of designs other likes and be better at taking requests. I mostly do designs that are on my own nails so I really want to get used to doing nails that I'm not necessarily passionate about myself, but that my client will love.

I've been working really hard on this, but I don't think it's a goal that I will ever completely accomplish because it is something I need to build on for the rest of my life!
Nail School - Day 34 Nail School - Day 34 Reviewed by Unknown on 10:10 AM Rating: 5

Post AD