Header AD

Nail School - Day 20

Wow, 20 days of nail school! It doesn't feel like it's been that long! Today I officially hit the half way mark to my completion date, which is exciting. Because I'm now half way done I get to wear a black shirt instead of a white one. I haven't told you about the uniforms yet, so I'll take a moment to explain uniforms before I tell you about my day. At my school we have to wear black closed toe shoes, black pants (that aren't jeans), a white shirt (until you are half way done, then you can wear black), and a black apron that says our school name on it. These are my qualms with the uniform: On the first day you are told that you need to look professional. Do you know how hard it is to look professional in a white shirt when you are constantly getting dirty because of the work you're doing?! I also am not a fan of the apron, not due to appearance, but due to material. It's like a sleek garbage bag kind of material and it gets dirty fast but is impossible to wash. I wish they gave us a cloth apron so that I could wash it.

Anyways, today we had a substitute so it was a pretty low key day. We worked on our fake hands for most of the day. I got to have another client. She came in for a pedicure and was more of a challenge than the previous pedicures I've done. She had what are called pincher toe nails (which are HIGHLY curved nails) which are a little hard to work with. It was nice to give a pedicure to someone who didn't have essentially perfect feet, I felt like I learned a lot. She was incredibly nice though, so I'm still waiting for my first mean client!
Nail School - Day 20 Nail School - Day 20 Reviewed by Unknown on 2:21 PM Rating: 5

Post AD