Header AD

Topshop Hidden Treasure

I got this baby in the post today and had to swatch it immediately. Hidden Treasure by Topshop! This is also my first Topshop polish and I have to say I'm impressed!

I assume it's another attempt at recreating Channel Peridot and that's the reason I bought it after seeing a swatch at A Polish Addict. I don't own Peridot (mainly because of the price tag), so I'm really happy with Hidden Treasure (£6 for 8ml)!

The bottle shot is amazing! Depending on the angle, it reads a green/gold/teal/turquoise'ish mix with indigo towards the edges! Oh boy... I wish my nails looked like that but obviously the multichrome doesn't translate as strongly onto the nail!


HT needed 3 coats to be fully opaque but the formula is really smooth, applies a dream and there is no streakiness whatsoever. On the nail, the colour resembles that of Peridot - a greenish gold! In some pictures, the gold is more apparent but in others, you can see the green creeping in and getting slightly darker at the edges! Obviously, irl, if you move your hand around, it is much more noticeable as the light hits it at different angles.



I took a pic in direct sunlight which I don't think makes much of a difference to this polish as both the green and gold are still visible under my lamp. I also took one in a bowl of water as it was the only way I could get the slightest bit of indigo to show!
Topshop Hidden Treasure Topshop Hidden Treasure Reviewed by Unknown on 12:02 PM Rating: 5

Post AD