Header AD

Peculiar Polish Series - Fafi Girls

It's another Thursday and time for more Peculiar Polish! Nev from Nevorpurify's Nail Art  is helping me out by designing looks that are from different cartoons that may be a bit less traditional/popular. If you have a suggestion for her, just fill out the embedded form at the bottom of the page!

This one took me a while to figure out, but I sure am glad I did! An anonymous person suggested the "Fafi Girls," since I wasn't sure who or what they were, I did some research (have I mentioned how awesome the internet is?!). It turns out the Fafi Girls, or Fafinettes are the creation of the artist FAFI, who began as a street artist and now has collaborations with companies like M.A.C, Adidas, Chanel and more. She is infamous for creating Fafinettes who represent strong, powerful, sexy women. I was surprised at how sexy some of these ladies got and I think there has been some controversy about FAFI's representation of the powerful woman using her sex appeal to get ahead. I decided to keep it PG (really, G) and only paint the faces of the lovely Fafinettes. One distinct feature these ladies have the heart shaped blush on their cheeks. Do you have any opinions about the connection between sex appeal and power?
These are great Nev! My personal favorite is the one with green hair. So cute! I don't know how I feel about using sex appeal to get ahead... I think I'm against it just because of how clueless men can be that fall for it each and every day. Lol.
Peculiar Polish Series - Fafi Girls Peculiar Polish Series - Fafi Girls Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD