Header AD

Nail School - Day 28

As promised this morning, I have tons of fun stuff for you tonight! First I have a special bonus surprise! My first set of "The Edge" nails!! These nails are made from acrylics and feature a rounded nail bed with a pyramid shaped tip. They were super hard to do but worth every second! They took me about 1.5-2 hours. Because they're hard to describe (and photograph) I thought I'd share a bunch of photos with you!




















Next up is the promised video tutorial on how to do the chevron nails I posted yesterday! The video shows me painting the nails without a ton of direction. If you have any questions about how I did it and the video doesn't answer them, feel free to ask!



Next up, a photograph of me in my uniform as requested by Susie, my soon to be mother-in-law. Ignore the horrible un-photogenic-ness... That's just who I am haha!

Finally, Susie also gave me a great idea for something to write about. I haven't mentioned much about what actually happens during the licensure exam, so here goes! First you have to take a written exam, upon passing that you are allowed to take the practical exam. On the practical exam you have to bring a "model" with you whose nails you will be performing services on. One hand gets a regular manicure and the other hand gets "advanced services" which include wraps and acrylics. I'm having a really hard time trying to find a model because who in their right mind would want one hand manicured and the other hand to have a different type of artificial nail on each finger! It's true that I can immediately remove the acrylics and wraps, but it's not like that's super good for your nails... So needless to say I'm really struggling to find a model. Hopefully I'll get a volunteer because otherwise I might have to drag Ron there and put some beautiful fake nails on his man-ish hands haha. 

Here's another little tidbit about nail school that Susie asked about: We are supplied everything that we need while we're in school, so we don't have to buy any products unless we want to practice at home. I'll be writing more about this tomorrow and hopefully getting Finger Painted to chime in since she just started blogging about nail school! She started Monday, wish her luck!!!
Nail School - Day 28 Nail School - Day 28 Reviewed by Unknown on 2:45 PM Rating: 5

Post AD