Header AD

Nail School - Day 17

We began acrylic nails today. Whenever we start a new procedure, the day goes approximately the same: First we do all of our book work (which usually consists of an exam and "theory" which is the teacher reading us the important part of our book), then the teacher demonstrates the procedure, then we get to practice the new procedure. When our teacher demonstrates, we all gather around and watch her do the service on the fake hand. This is incredibly helpful as it helps to solidify the procedure and it is a chance for the teacher to give us tips and tricks.

I was really excited to start acrylics after discovering how much I love doing wraps last week, and I wasn't disappointed! They are tons of fun. During the day we get two 15 minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch. I usually don't take either of the two short breaks, and I'm typically done with lunch in about 20 minutes. This was awesome today because I got a head start on putting a set of acrylics on my fake hand. I think I did a great job for my first time. I didn't get the acrylic (which is made of a monomer liquid and polymer powder) on the hand at all and my application was really thin. Those of you who have worn acrylics probably know that thick acrylics are not very good.

After finishing my first set of acrylics I got to do nail art on one of the seniors! S is routing for the NY Giants in the Superbowl on Sunday because her boyfriend is routing for the Patriots. But her actual team is the Cleveland Browns. So we did the NY logo, some footballs, and brown thumbs with a bulldog for the Browns.

My favorite nails! I think these turned out great! The one on the left kind of looks like a girl dog though... not quite as mean looking! 
These are the logos. I didn't do as good of a job as I usually do, my lines were really shaky. I think it's because I'm not used to painting other people's nails. 
These are the footballs on the pinkies. I think they looked awesome! She ended up using a Shellac polish (which has the UV curing feature) to top coat these nails, and I didn't get a chance to photograph it. But this is what it looked like with one thin coat of top coat. 
EDIT: I forgot to say, I got my grade on the 100 hour practical exam that I felt I did so poorly on. It was a 98%. The good grade still does not make me feel better about what I consider a poor performance though.
Nail School - Day 17 Nail School - Day 17 Reviewed by Unknown on 2:45 PM Rating: 5

Post AD