Header AD

Nail Polish Jewelry

I've seen this all over the place. I just never understood how to do it myself. Until now! Thanks to Sarah over at Chalkboard Nails! She wrote up this post about some Nail Polish Earrings that she made and she outlined not only how she did it, but where you bought her supplies from. I went and bought from the same supplier and did exactly as she said. And I'm soooo happy with how they turned out!
I bought enough to make 10 sets of earrings and then 10 silver necklace pendants and 10 brass necklace pendants.

Take a look at what I've made so far!

Revlon Whimsical & ChG Sea Spray

Sally Hansen Glass Slipper and dots of light pink, dark pink, coral, and lime green.

Sinful Colors Nail Junkie
 
Impala SPFW na mira 3d (I got this in a swap with Francini in Brazil)
 

Speciallita HITS Mari Moon - Artsy
(Such duochrome awesomeness! It reflects all of these colors!)

Then I went flakie crazy and put a layer of pretty much every one I own. Finished it off with black polish as the very last layer. This is Finger Paints Twisted, Asylum, and Big Universo - Espectral (also from the swap with Francini) You can see I was impatient with this one and glued the cabochon into the blank before the polish was completely dry. That's why there is some smudging of the polish along the bottom. :( That's ok because I'll still wear it proudly!

Now onto the earrings...
Wet n Wild Pure Ice - Cost Is No Issue

China Glaze White Crackle and For Audrey

Jessie's Girl Confetti (this flashes from blue to purple, but my picture does it no justice)

Finally I tried some stamping, because supposedly you can do that! It's much harder than I thought. I had a hard time getting the image to stamp clearly because the back of the cabochon is slightly concave. But I still like them!

I bought my supplies from CandyTiles.
Nail Polish Jewelry Nail Polish Jewelry Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD