Header AD

Nail Art Party

Friday evening my friend had the grand re-opening of her vintage store. Her store, Far Out Vintage, has been open for 3 years now and she just had an amazing location change (and, for people not in Rochester, she does ship items, so take a look at some of her stock on the link above). She was initially in a relatively slow paced plaza and she moved to a store front on a very busy street. To help celebrate her big move, I set up a free nail art station and did tons of nail art for customers and friends. I did eight people's nails, three of which were children under the age of 12. I loved working with the kids, but it did reinforce a belief I had. Everyone always says to me, "oh my gosh, you should do kids parties with those nail art skills." Well, I love the idea of doing an occasional kids party, but it's not the career I want to hold, and here's why: Kids have tiny little nails that aren't good for tons of detail, kids move around a lot which makes my lines pretty wavy, kids want cutesy things when I sometimes want to do creepy things. Anyways, I painted everything from panda bears, to mod flowers, to stripes, but most excitingly I had two firsts. Here's a photograph of my first first:


That's right, I did leopard print nails! This was a total first for me because I don't think I've ever done any animal print. I was worried that it wouldn't look random enough but I ended up loving the look. In fact I love it so much that I think I might wear around some leopard print nails for a while! 

My second first was that I did diamonds on another set of nails. Unfortunately I don't have any more photographs. This is because of two reasons: First, I was so busy that I hardly had time to snap a photo, and second because I didn't want to be intrusive to the little girls by taking their photograph. 

Hope you enjoy! I know I did!

Nail Art Party Nail Art Party Reviewed by Unknown on 8:54 AM Rating: 5

Post AD