Header AD

Revlon - Whimsical & Elegant

Whimsical is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air!!!! I first read about it in this post on Nouveau Cheap. I was so excited because I had just seen the display with the re-releases of Facets of Fuschia (now Scandalous) and Perplex (now Naughty) at Walgreens! Nouveau Cheap said Whimsical wasn't on the same display, but they found it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Well sadly my BB&B doesn't carry polish. :(  My local K-Mart always has a good Revlon display, so that's where I ran! And they had one! Hooray! 

I also picked up Elegant off the same display because it looked similar to "Naked" that was released by Lippmann at the same time as GitA. It looks dupe-ish to me, but I don't have it to compare side by side.

Revlon - Whimsical
This is 2 coats of Revlon Whimsical over 1 coat of China Glaze Sea Spray. Perfection! Thank you Revlon for making Lippmann's beauty fall in my price range!

Whimsical is quite sheer on it's own, so this is to show you how it builds. Thumb is 1 coat, Index is 2 coats, Middle is 3 coats, Ring is 4 coats, and Pinky is 5 coats. I like the stronger blue base so that's why I layered it in the first picture.
 Closeup of 5 thin coats.

And this is a side by side bottle shot of my Glitter in the Air franken I made back in May. I prefer the Whimsical because it has more large pink glitter. :)
_____________________________________________________
Revlon - Elegant
This is 2 coats. It applies very easily and opaque. I don't know if it's exact for Lippmann's "Naked," but it still serves a good role within my stash. I like Essie Sand Tropez for being a straight nude color, but it looks a little washed out. Elegant has a more life-like look. Sand Tropez is zombies, while Elegant is a healthy human. :)




So hurry up and run out to get your own hands on these!
Revlon - Whimsical & Elegant Revlon - Whimsical & Elegant Reviewed by Unknown on 1:00 PM Rating: 5

Post AD