Header AD

New DIY Design

I have another nursery to design! This time it's a friend of mine that is also a co-worker. I did her nails for her wedding last spring. Remember this is where I found the Perfect Match? Zebra Toes is one of the top 5 popular posts here on my blog! She chose the 2nd option while the bridesmaids chose the 1st option. I did everyone's pedicures and a few bridesmaids got solid pink. So now she's been married a while and expecting! So she asked me to help her out with the nursery after she saw what I did for Kimberly's nursery. :) I'm excited because she's having a girl! So that makes it new and different! 
She picked out this polka dot bedding and asked me where to go from there. 
   I love the bright colors!

I suggested we incorporate something else in the theme, so we had plenty to work with. She picked cupcakes! So we're going with bright colors, polka dots, and cupcakes!

She found a ceiling fan pull chain that is a cute cupcake, and she's repainting a dresser to match the crib she has. We're planning on replacing the drawer knobs with handpainted cupcake knobs! (painted by me). I also told her I can paint some cute cupcakes on canvases to hang on the wall. 

Then this is a small wooden picture frame that I painted to match. I even used some nail art techniques. Lol! I used Milani Red One Coat Glitter for the cherry's glitter.... then I attached some gems and rhinestones from my nail polish stash for extra glitz! I used acrylic paints for the rest of it. I sprayed it with a clear varnish spray paint to seal it.
I took the inspiration for this picture frame from this one on etsy. I want to give credit to the original.
I'll be sure to post more pictures as the nursery project continues!
New DIY Design New DIY Design Reviewed by Unknown on 1:00 PM Rating: 5

Post AD