Header AD

Peculiar Polish Series - Casper

A new series here on Polish Art Addiction! I have a great respect for Nev's style of art which is a little different than my own. She is helping me out by designing nail art from your suggestions that I haven't been able to get to. So get ready for the Thursdays to be a little dark around here. If you like it and want to suggest something else "dark" for Nev to do, drop it in the embedded form at the bottom of the page! I'll be sure to pass it along to her as part of this series. :)

Here she is:

Hi everyone! I'm Nev from Nevorpurify's Nail Art and I'm excited to tell you about this new collaboration that Leslie and I are working on. Every (Dark) Thursday, I will be guest blogging here at Polish Art Addiction to bring you some Peculiar Polish.

Sometimes Leslie gets requests that don't suit her style (as we all know, different things inspire different artists), but luckily I have a slightly more offbeat modus operandi than her. So I will be completing some of her more eclectic (and sometimes darker) requests!

I would love to tell you how excited I am about this opportunity but I'm afraid that jumping for joy and squealing like a child whose just been given ice cream miiight detract from my sinister image. (Oh, who I am kidding? I can't hold it in: I am SOO excited!!!!!)

My request for this week comes from Jessica who asked to see some Casper nails! This couldn't have possibly been a better request because I love Casper and because just a couple weeks ago I was inspired by Linda at Copy That Copy Cat's Casper nails!

CRAZY COINCIDENCE: As I was rereading Linda's Casper post I noticed that she said that Leslie was her inspiration for her nails due to Leslie's awesome cartoon nail art! Awesome how stuff comes full circle, huh?

I decided to take inspiration from the original Casper the Friendly Ghost which was a comic book and animated show. So on my nails is Casper flying around and Lazo, who is the laziest member of The Ghostly Trio. In the 1995 film with Bill Pullman and Christian Ricci, Lazo's name became Stretch and he was my favorite (well, really Fatso was my favorite but it turns out that my nails are too skinny to fit a fatty like Fatso).


I hope that you guys enjoy these nails and I can't wait to be back next Thursday for another comic book inspired set of nails!

Thank you so much! I think they are phenomenal! I love how he stretches across the middle nails. It gives the impression that he's flying or floating. Great job! I hope you all enjoyed the first ever Peculiar Polish post! Look forward to many more to come!
Peculiar Polish Series - Casper Peculiar Polish Series - Casper Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD