Header AD

Speciallità Hits no Olimpo collection - HOLO SWATCHES

On November 4th Scrangie reviewed this amazing collection of linear holo polishes from Brazil. They are gorgeous and I commented on her post stating that it made me want to find someone Brazilian to swap with! I was amazed when 3 different girls contacted ME from that one comment interested in swapping. So that made it really easy and I swapped with the lovely Nadia. I received the 6 beauties I wanted just last week. I waited for a sunny day to swatch them all so that I can show you just how wonderful they are. Check out Scrangie's post if you want a specific look at the entire collection with details concerning formula etc.

My thoughts? The formula is incredibly easy compared to other holo polishes. It applies like a great jelly polish. None of that skipping and dragging like GOSH Holo and ChG OMGs. Topcoat does NOT alter the holo effect. The polish brushes had some irregularites of stray bristles, but for the most part it's a long, flexible, squared brush that is easy to work with.

The polishes are only 6mL sizes and they DO contain some chemicals that can bother some people. Toulene and Formaldheyde Resin for example. The smell is a bit more harsh that other polishes. And they do NOT have a little metal mixing ball in the bottom of the bottle.

Forget OPI's My Private Jet, and you don't need Color Club's Revvvolution. You just need Zeus!
Black holo. Because I only have a precious 6mL and I didn't want to waste any... So this is 2 thin coats of Zeus over 1 coat of Wet N Wild Black Creme. Zeus would be opaque on it's own in 3-4 thin coats. It builds nicely.
 Sunlight


Indoors with lamp lighting
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I no longer lemming OPI DS Glamour! Apolo is all I need. A dark blue holo.
This is 2 coats. I think it would look nice layered over a navy blue, to get an even richer color.

sunlight


 indoor with lamp lighting

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Poseidon proved to be more of what I was hoping to get from Nubar Absolute.
I started with my pinky and that has just 3 coats of Poseidon. I was afraid again about wasting my precious 6mL, so the other nails are 2 coats of Poseidon over 1 coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Blue-Away.




-----------------------------------------------------------------
You won't need China Glaze DV8 anymore! Try out Hera for an alternative!
This is a great teal color. Pictured is 2 coats, but a third would have helped it be more opaque. Or perhaps layered over a teal creme.

sunlight


indoor lamp lighting


-----------------------------------------------------------------
An orange holographic polish?! Unheard of until now. It is significantly less holo when compared to the other polishes in the collection, but it's still very much present. This is 3 coats of Demeter.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
The last polish that I asked Nadia to send me is Hefesto which is the sheer holographic topcoat polish. You can basically make any nail polish you own into a linear holographic with this magic. I immediately layered one coat over my existing manicure at the time. Essence Dress to Party.


Then I tried it over some other colors we don't frequently see with a holo finish. 1 coat of Hefesto over each other following. Thumb - Zoya Mira ; Index - WnW Everybody Loves Redmond ; Middle - China Glaze Laced Up ; Ring - OPI Jade is the New Black ; Pinky - Pure Ice Free Spirit.

indoors with lamp lighting

 sunlight

Thank you so much to Nadia for helping me acquire these beauties! I hope your package in return arrives safe and sound. Now, if anyone is interesting in swapping for some of the Speciallità line of flakies? The ones with dance names; Samba, etc. Drop me an email! I'm interested!
Speciallità Hits no Olimpo collection - HOLO SWATCHES Speciallità Hits no Olimpo collection - HOLO SWATCHES Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD