Header AD

Lilly Pulitzer - Look 2

I ran with the idea Shaina Rose gave me to use the prints of Lilly Pulitzer as inspiration. This is another image I found in my search that I really wanted to use. I love these colors. :)
 I don't remember what the exact background colors are that I used. I forgot to take a group bottle shot. But I used the same technique that I recently used in my Wacky Dots post.


I added pink acrylic paint.

I added some white to the pink paint on my palette and then did this.

Some white and regular pink paint for these details.

A little black beak and some orange and white paint details to the body. And topcoat.
I received this question in my suggestion box.
"How do you keep your clear coat from pulling the nail 
polish underneath and making it bleed? I make designs 
that look so nice and crisp then (what should be) the 
finishing touch ruins them :("

Simple solution!

Make sure your nail art design is completely dry! Sometimes I finish my nail art and then go do something else for 30 minutes and come back and topcoat later.

If it's still happening.... it may be your topcoat itself. Do you have a thick topcoat like Seche Vite? I've noticed that thinner drugstore topcoats can drag designs more.... Whatever topcoat you use, make sure to not wipe the brush too much on the neck of the bottle. If the brush doesn't have a lot of polish on it, the bristles will catch on the design. Apply a medium sized blob of topcoat near the cuticle and LIGHTLY guide it around the nail in as few of strokes as possible. The more strokes you use, the more likely streaks will appear.

Hope that helps!
Lilly Pulitzer - Look 2 Lilly Pulitzer - Look 2 Reviewed by Unknown on 1:00 PM Rating: 5

Post AD