Header AD

Candyland Baby Shower

I'm exhausted. But it's over and done with and everything went perfectly. These are the pictures I managed to take before many got there and I got distracted and busy! Most of the decorations I made myself from ideas I found around the internet. If you would like me to make a post about how I did something specifically, just leave a comment!

Theme: Babies are sweet as candy!
Colors: Blue, Red, Yellow, Green

Wreath for the door. I made this myself! Kimberly wasn't crazy about a wreath and has said she doesn't want one for the hospital door at delivery. Everyone else insisted that I had to do one anyway.... so I made one for the entrance of the baby shower.

Then, once the shower was over I deconstructed it to just this and it's now on my front door at home! My last name starts with a "B" so it fits that as well as the baby's name "Bentley." Lol.

I bought them these shirts from JellyBeanApparel Etsy shop. They are adorable. "The Belly" and "The Man Behind the Belly." Kimberly's bump isn't too noticeable from this angle, but she's definitely showing! Only a couple of months left! Bentley is due in early February.

I made her this corsage that I remembered to pin on her after I took the above picture. I took the idea for this from another etsy shop, but I said "No way! I can make that!"

I set up a "Candy Bar" or buffet. My singular goal was to send each and every child there home in a diabetic coma. ;) Mission accomplished. *insert evil laugh* I used candies in only the theme colors.

Table centerpieces. I found these gumball machines in my local Dollar Tree in the toy section. They easily can be taken apart into 4 pieces, so I then spray painted the dispenser part silver and the base and cap yellow, red, or blue. I bought the square silver trays from the Dollar Tree. Sugar Babies in the little boxes and construction paper with a scrapbooking circle punch. Since Micah (my brother in law) works at selling for M&M, the M&Ms to fit in the gumball machines were free! Each centerpiece cost me just a few dollars! (I had 10)

I was short 3 gumball centerpieces, so this is what I put on the others. Flowerpot, styrofoam ball, mini lollipops stuck in to make a bouquet. Crayons glued around the flowerpot. Those are more dots and Sugar Daddy's lying around it.

I ordered several different sizes of Chinese paper lanterns and wrapped them like giant candies with a huge roll of cellophane that my mother had. Bottom right you can see the traditional baby spoon and rolled up baby washcloth "lollipop." We had several of those lying around as well.

These are the other giant paper lantern "candies" that we suspended  on a curtain rod over the entrance into the kitchen. Adorable.

We held the shower at our affordable community center (yes, that's shuffleboard lines on the floor). Tables with color coordinated tablecloths. (Dollar General)

Food served buffet style. My mom cooked the meat and we had several friends chip in and help with sides. So we had plenty without needing to hire catering.

I saw the idea for these here. Super simple, and the link includes a tutorial.

We placed these by the coffee pot. Starbucks frappuccino bottles with new labels!
 I took the idea from this site.

Rubber Ducky Bath Punch. I took the idea and recipe directly from this site, but mine of course did not turn out so bubbly and cute. :(

My friend Sara (who's nails I featured here) decorates cakes as a hobby, so she offered to make the shower cake. Candy dots!

They got lots of presents. Many things that they really needed, and oh so many cute things!

This little guy stole the show! By far, the most badass baby shower gift I've ever seen. A friend bought Bentley his first pony! Lol. You press it's ear and it makes "clippity-clop" noises and "neighs" and wiggles it's tail! We were all suitable impressed and every little kid there wanted it desperately. It was awesome.

All in all, I'm thrilled it went so well and everyone enjoyed themselves. I am glad that it's over and I can quit  worrying about it. Now I just have to plan and throw the baby shower for her at work..... Jeez! Lol, at least that one is only for 20 people!

If you want specific instructions for something I did at the shower, just drop me a comment!
Candyland Baby Shower Candyland Baby Shower Reviewed by Unknown on 5:23 PM Rating: 5

Post AD