Header AD

Peculiar Polish Series - X-Men

It's another Thursday and time for more Peculiar Polish! Nev from Nevorpurify's Nail Art  is helping me out by designing looks that are from different cartoons that I've not been able to get to. If you have a suggestion for her, just fill out the embedded form at the bottom of the page!
Here's Nev's Nails!
Giedre requested the X-Men cartoon nails and I have to say, these are some of the hardest nails I've ever done. I don't know what it is with the style of the X-Men, but I can not for the life of my paint them! I tried sooo many times and failed every single time. At the very bottom of this post is a photograph of the failed attempt at the faces of Cyclops (who is the lead of the X-Men and has to wear a visor over his eyes because he has uncontrollable laser vision), Rogue (the southern belle type who absorbs mutant powers by touch and can also kill with her touch. Pretty cool power if you ask me), and Wolverine (who has a metal skeleton and claws. He and Cyclops are like opposites, Wolverine is the bad boy and Cyclops is the goody goody). I painted the X-Men's logo on my thumb and pinky. The X stands for extra, as in their extra abilities. It's also a reference to their mentor, Professor X.

When I couldn't make these nails look cool I decided to do the classic logo, which turned out WAY better. I ended up doing "X-Men" with a slight orange to yellow gradient, blue shadows, and on my thumb I did the Marvel logo (Marvel is the publishing company that made X-Men, Spiderman, Thor, Iron Man, The Hulk). I love how this look turned out! I hope Giedre isn't too disappointed that I kind of failed at these nails, I figure that two sets of nails should make up for my failure!

Thanks for contributing Nev! You did such a great job and I completely understand that about some cartoon styles being nearly impossible to mimic. :)
Peculiar Polish Series - X-Men Peculiar Polish Series - X-Men Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD