Header AD

Nail Fraud - Nail Polish Strips

I bought this set of nail polish strips in the store Charming Charlie's. (Which is costume jewelry heaven, btw). These strips were sitting by the register for $9.97, so I picked up a set to see how they compare to the others I've tried.
 They come in the standard foil pouch that keeps them air tight. Set also includes a tiny emery board and orange wood stick cuticle pusher.
Sizing went well with me not having trouble finding strips that fit each of my nails. I've said before I have a larger right thumbnail, and the largest size on this set was a perfect fit. Application was a breeze and they went on just like Sally Hansen Salon Effects Strips. It feels slightly stretchy like polish and not just a plastic sticker. It can be easily repositioned if you make a mistake in application.
I thought the design looked pretty cool, so I applied topcoat and was planning on leaving them on for a wear test.....

I got busy doing me other painting projects and smacked my hand accidentally against the table and when I looked down.... the entire strip for that nail was bunched up in the middle of my nail. The adhesive between the polish strip and my nail is a thick layer, and it didn't set and harden like the Sally Hansen strips! This was several hours later and it bunched up like I'd just applied it! And that was despite having a topcoat layer on too! I was able to just pinch the other strips and pull them off leaving behind a sticky residue. I was so disappointed. :( The residue removed easily with polish remover, but I shouldn't have had to remove them so soon! Perhaps if I had put them on and gone to bed? Maybe they need a longer time to finish setting? I don't understand, because with these strips the benefit is supposed to be that they are dry immediately and you can go about with your life.....

In the end, I found these to be a fail and a waste of my $10. They only lasted 2 hours.

They got it right when they named them Nail "Fraud!"
Nail Fraud - Nail Polish Strips Nail Fraud - Nail Polish Strips Reviewed by Unknown on 5:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD