Header AD

Orly - Fowl Play (@ Midnight!)

That's right! I got my hands on some of the Orly Fall 2011 Collection. I was disappointed that I couldn't find it in the local beauty stores I was stalking.... then I couldn't seem to find it on the websites I frequent to buy my nail polish either! Ugh. I then went to the Orly website itself to drool over some pictures, and come to find out they have a way to buy direct! I didn't know that, but I do now and I took advantage of it! Click here if you need to get your hands on these polishes as well! $7.50/bottle (which is what I would've paid in the stores) shipping for the 3 bottles I bought cost me $6.50, which is reasonable to me seeing as how desperate I was to get these polishes! Check them out!

The much anticipated Orly - Fowl Play!
 This is what it looks like in most lights. It's a very dark, rich, plum shade with awesome glitter & flakes.
Check out "Let Them Have Polish" that did a recent post about Fowl Play, her pics show the flakies and glitter soooooo much better than mine!


This is where I played with the ISO setting to let in more light to show the base color better. Not realistic, unless you are standing directly under the sun. ;)

I was very grateful to get my hands on OPI Merry Midnight during my first (and last) dusty hunting session a while back. So I do have some swatches to share! Hooray!

The following two pictures are just OPI Merry Midnight. It has a more red-purple base, while Fowl Play is slightly more blue-purple. I no longer have Merry Midnight to do side by side comparison, but I hope from this you can get the point. I remember Merry Midnight's base being jelly and it was not quite as dark as Fowl Play comes across. Both are gorgeous polishes. I don't think they are exact dupes at all, but they are eerily similar. So much so that I personally don't see the point in owning both. No doubt you can get your hands on Fowl Play for a cheaper price tag, so go for it. :) But from what my memory of Merry Midnight.... I do have a slight preference to it, because I feel like the glitter/flakies in it popped more than Fowl Play.


What are the other 2 Orly Fall collection polishes I bought? Well another bottle of Fowl Play,  of course, because I have a feeling it will be HTF seeing the frenzy revolving around it. I also got Nite Owl because the one swatch I'd seen looked so lovely. So I will be sure to share that soon!
Orly - Fowl Play (@ Midnight!) Orly - Fowl Play (@ Midnight!) Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD