Header AD

How do you blog?

This is just something that's been on my mind lately and I'd like to ask you guys what your method is.

Personally, I change my nails on a daily basis. I like them to somewhat match/coordinate with my clothing. (Remember I'm a single woman with no kids, so I have all the free time in the world to do this.) When I've taken off my polish and am planning what to wear for the next day, I'll do some swatches of new polishes, or I'll experiment with crazier nail art. That's when I will try out different things that might be too bold for me to wear out to work. I have been known to sit there for several hours and paint up to five different crazy freehand designs as full manicures on only my left hand. Remove it, and do another. I don't think twice about it because it's not a waste time to me if I've gotten pictures of it to "save" my work.

So by the time I get around to sitting at the computer and uploading my pics, I've usually got several blog posts worth. I like to sit and type up those posts all at once and spread them out and schedule them to publish over the next few days. I prefer to get them out of the way so that I don't have to think about it each day. I don't have to worry about it because I know I have from now until tuesday already scheduled. Do you get what I mean?

Throughout the course of the day I check my blog very frequently on my iPhone. Mainly because I'm looking at my Blogroll to see what is new that you guys have posted. I think regular posting is part of what makes a blog good. If you don't post for 2 weeks and then all of the sudden sit down and write & post 7 or 8 posts all at once, it's like WAAAH. Absent and then overwhelming! Even if you just get that one chance to sit down and write posts, just schedule them out over the next few days. (A plus side to this is that it keeps you showing up on top when you're on someone else's blogroll. You'll likely get more traffic and be noticed more.) I guess that is a blogging pet peeve of mine.

I realize that I'm no good at replying to comments. :( I really tried in the beginning, but I can't hardly keep up. Now I focus on making myself respond to specific questions or things that can be addressed. I love the comments and you're encouraging words and positive reinforcement are what keep me blogging. Don't ever think that I don't respond because I don't care or don't read them! That's not true. If you ever have something specific you want/need a response to, please just email me. I promise to get back to you then.

So my question to you is, what is your blogging routine? Do you sit and do several posts at once? Or do you take pics and post immediately after the manicure is complete? Since I do a cluster at once, my real time manicure is usually a few days ahead of my blog post manicure. These nails now will be posted later in the week.

Do you have any blogging pet peeves? I could probably do an entire posts on that too! I can gripe and complain with the best of them. ;)
How do you blog? How do you blog? Reviewed by Unknown on 4:26 PM Rating: 5

Post AD