Header AD

Peculiar Polish Series - Moomin

It's another Thursday and time for more Peculiar Polish! Nev from Nevorpurify's Nail Art  is helping me out by designing looks that are from different cartoons that may be a bit less well known. If you have a suggestion for her, just fill out the embedded form at the bottom of the page!
Here's Nev->
Thumb: Moomins logo
Index: Little My
Middle: Moomin
Ring: Sniff
Pinky: Snork-Maiden
When an anonymous person requested these Moomins nails, I have to admit I wasn't very excited. I hadn't heard of the Moomins and, although they seemed cute, I didn't really get it. Well, since then the Moomins have invaded my life! Let me first tell you about the Moomins: they started out as a Swedish book and comic strip that centered around the Moomins (who are a family of trolls). Eventually the empire expanded and since their creation there have been movies, television shows, and even a theme park (!) devoted to the Moomins. Now I'll explain why the Moomins have become so exciting to me: Ron (my fiancee) doesn't usually get so excited about my nail art. Usually (unless I'm doing something Star Wars or Hellboy related) he could probably care less. But when I started researching the Moomins to figure out how I would do my nails, Ron suddenly became obsessed. I was watching a clip of the Moomins on YouTube which had the Moomins theme song. Well, ever since then Ron has been walking around singing a modified version of the theme song. Since he doesn't actually know the lyrics he just goes, "Moomins, Moomins, Moo Moo Moo, Moomins." (If you want to hear him sing it, check out the audio clip at the end of the post). It has been about two weeks and he hasn't stopped. It's endearing and annoying at the same time. Anyways, now that Ron is thoroughly obsessed he brought me home a Moomins related present -- Moomins biscuits! I haven't eaten them yet but they sure look delicious! Here is the requested tutorial: 

Start with a sky blue (I used a light blue Color Club) on your fingers and white (I used  Wet n' Wild's white) on your thumb.
Use black acrylic paint to silhouette the characters. On the thumb make a half circle for the sun and use small strokes to create black sun beams. 
Make each character the correct color while leaving a small black outline. Now is also a good time to add their necks (I don't do it earlier so that I make sure my outlines stay crisp). Also add in the black on Sniff's ears and touch up Snork-Maiden's hair. 
Begin filling in the details. Little My gets orange hair and a lot of facial details while the  others mostly just get eyes and eyebrows. 
Dot in the characters eyes and finish the thumb by adding the Moomins logo at the bottom.  After you finish your nails with some top coat, you're done!
Mmm... Moomins biscuits!



...and here is a clip of Ron singing his version of the Moomins Theme:

Peculiar Polish Series - Moomin Peculiar Polish Series - Moomin Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD