Header AD

Mr & Mrs Potato Head

One of my co-workers asked me if I could paint her son and niece matching "Mr & Mrs Potato Head" t-shirts. Always up for a challenge, I agreed. :) Does this mean that technically I am a commissioned artist? Lol.

I went to Michael's to get some fabric paints, then stopped off at WalMart to grab some 24 month shirts. At the end of it all, supplies ended up totaling $30. Special fabric paints are a little pricey... But the shirts are sooo incredibly cute. I'm not even finished, but I couldn't wait to show them to y'all.

This is the back of each shirt. The fronts have little chest pockets that I plan on painting "Mr Potato Head" and "Mrs Potato Head" on respectively.

I smudged up a bit on the Mrs because I didn't notice that I'd gotten paint on the underside of my hand. :( I think I'll just fill in around her with some strategically placed polka dots or squiggles. ;) What do you think would be best?

While at Michael's I also picked up a 12x12 scrapbook shadowbox/frame that was on sale. I like the idea of the nails being behind glass. So when I rearranged them in the new frame... I'm more than halfway done! Lol. Even if I fill this one up, I'll just go buy a second shadowbox. The art exhibit that I want to enter them in is actually in March of next year. I can enter multiple items so I'm very excited at how it's turning out.

Mr & Mrs Potato Head Mr & Mrs Potato Head Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD