Header AD

California Raisins

These guys are definitely cute enough to eat! I remember the California Raisins from my childhood. The commercials aired... then there was merchandise you could buy... if I remember correctly, we had some of them as little figurines. For those of you unfamiliar with this, I've included the info from the "trusted" internet.

"The California Raisins were a fictional rhythm and blues musical group as well as advertising and merchandising characters composed of anthropomorphized raisins based on black caricatures. Lead vocals were sung by musician Buddy Miles. The California Raisins concept experienced high popularity in the mid-to-late 1980s principally through claymation TV commercials and animated specials, winning an Emmy Award and one nomination."

Here is a link to some of their commercials I remember: I Heard it Through the Grapevine.
They even did one with a raisin modeled after Michael Jackson. Lol 
Tell me please, who in their right mind doesn't enjoy clay-mation?
I find it funny that their brightly colored wayfarers are now back in style. :)

Background polish used was Eyeko's ChiChi polish. 3 coats.
California Raisins California Raisins Reviewed by Unknown on 11:50 AM Rating: 5

Post AD