Header AD

Additional Winners Are....

The judging round has concluded! After a 20 minute heated discussion.... we have reached our decision!
In no particular order.....

Love @ First Sight
I have loved Marion's creation from the minute she sent it to me. I think her design is so well executed. The turkey is adorable! So I loved it, and my family agreed that it was worthy of a prize!


"Reely" Creative Use of Cartoons
I love how Lisa incorporated cartoons and food! This is perfectly fitting for my blog topic! You guys know I love painting cartoons, and there were several of you guys who used cartoon related topics, but Lisa's were by far the best execution!


Highest Calories
Irma was very clever in the way she designed her nails. She used each nail to represent a different ingredient to Boston Cream Cake, then the thumb brought out the final product. So cute! Great job!


Most Unappetizing
I said, Do ya speak-a my language? She just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich!
Yeah, a fourth category was created so I can use that line from "Men at Work".....
When I asked Cathy from "a land down und-a," what does Vegemite even taste like... she said this:
"Well, it’s a very salty and savoury spread, intended to be spread very thinly.  It has a similar consistency to peanut butter but would taste similar to Marmite or Bonox?
It can be used as a flavour enhancer for stocks and gravies, so it has a flavour likened to concentrated dark mean like beef.
Sounds gross doesn’t it, but we grew up on it and love the stuff!!"
Yes, that does sound disgusting! But her design was interesting enough that I'll pack her up some nail art goodies and send them her way. Unfortunate for me & Kim, our mom now is determined to order some Vegemite online and try it.....



Quotes from the hilarious judging session:

Micah - "Can you put Vegemite in a Bloody Mary?"
Argued with me over the rules of my own contest and that this one or that one wasn't even on natural nails. Like I don't know nails....

Mom - "What is this one?" ...cheese.... "It's gotta be in the runnings!"

Dad - "Who's having a contest?"
"What are we looking at here? Is this supposed to be fingernails?"
"Do they expect to win anything of value?"
*edit* Removed by author
"Hey, this one looks like fish!" Yes, master-stater of the obvious......
I swear he is just clueless.... but completely honest and nonbiased! He was the most intent in studying the pictures. (I don't want you to get the wrong opinion of my dad, he is a very successful businessman who works helping people with financial investments.... Scary, huh?)




Additional Winners Are.... Additional Winners Are.... Reviewed by Unknown on 6:50 PM Rating: 5

Post AD