Header AD

Vegemite?!

"What does Vegemite have to do with nail polish?" You might ask...

Have you ever tasted Vegemite?

Do you remember Cathy's Vegemite nails in my "Good Enough to Eat" contest?

It was then that this all began.
When I asked Cathy from Australia "what does Vegemite even taste like..." she said this:
"Well, it’s a very salty and savoury spread, intended to be spread very thinly.  It has a similar consistency to peanut butter but would taste similar to Marmite or Bonox?
It can be used as a flavour enhancer for stocks and gravies, so it has a flavour likened to concentrated dark mean like beef.
Sounds gross doesn’t it, but we grew up on it and love the stuff!!" 
After the nail art contest my mom was determined to order some Vegemite online and try it. Cathy was nice enough to offer to send me some! Isn't that sweet of her?! 
 
Well it came in last week and I made sure to record our taste testing session. The first picture is the small toothpaste size tube she sent us. Yeah, we didn't need a big jar of the stuff...

Please excuse our appearance in the video. Some of us were busy painting a bedroom so we were in our functional and not-so-cute clothes without a stich of makeup on...

Basically, none of us were big fans of it. It is terribly hard to describe the taste. Imagine putting a beef bullion cube in your mouth, but ten times saltier and it has a funky gel consistency... I am glad to have tried it, now I can say I know for myself what it tastes like. But I don't see myself eating it all the time, or ever again for that matter. Lol. My mom said she wanted to take it to work and make everyone else try it too. She's crazy!

Thanks again Cathy! You provided us with a funny afternoon activity, and a lifelong memory!
Vegemite?! Vegemite?! Reviewed by Unknown on 5:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD