Header AD

Pleasantly Plaid Tutorial

I realized while at work that my nails could easily be jazzed up with some plaid. What a great opportunity to do a quicky tutorial! These are super easy, I encourage all of you to try them. The first plaid nails I did were a few days ago on Sara, seen here

(Oh, and sorry for the ashy cuticles, I was trying to clean up before each pic! I didn't realize how much of it showed!)

Start with your base colors, whatever they may be. Add one stripe of the complimentary color to each nail. Vary it up by moving the stripes to the left side of the nail, right side of the nail, or directly in the middle.

Using a white striping polish, add two lines alongside the initial stripe.

Then draw another two lines that intersect. Also vary this up by doing some towards the cuticle, some towards the free edge, some directly in the middle.

That's it! Topcoat to blend it all together and smooth out bumps. :) If you try it, send me a link! I'd love to see it! 

(Base colors are from previous post. Essie Absolutely Shore and China Glaze Agent Lavender.)
Pleasantly Plaid Tutorial Pleasantly Plaid Tutorial Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD