Header AD

Tutorial: Colourful Rays of Light

I had a request on FB and a couple on here asking me to do a tutorial for the Colourful Rays of Light mani I did a few days ago. It's basically using striping tape over a base colour to create thin lines showing through a darker colour! Here is a very simple and easy tutorial on how to achieve that in 4 steps. I'm no good at explaining things so bear with me :)


Step 1:
After prepping you nail, paint 3 stripes of any colours you like. They don't have to be perfectly straight as you will be covering it later.
You can also just use 1 base colour on the whole nail if you prefer.







Step 2: After your base colour(s) is dry, lay down your striping tape in any direction you would like the final pattern to look. (I bought my striping tape on ebay, 6 rods of various colours for £1.89). You can also use regular scotch tape but I prefer striping tape as I'm too lazy to sit there and cut lots of very thin strips.

Step 3: Apply your second coat of colour all over your nail and the striping tape. 

Step 4: Remove the striping tape, one piece at a time whilst your polish is still wet and you're done!
If any of you guys decide to give this mani a go, I would love to see what you create :)
Tutorial: Colourful Rays of Light Tutorial: Colourful Rays of Light Reviewed by Unknown on 9:55 AM Rating: 5

Post AD