Header AD

Honey & Lemon Face Mask

A couple of weeks ago, in my continuous quest for clear skin, I posted about using lemon juice as a facial cleanser/ toner. It worked for me in terms of drying out some of my spots and diminishing some of the oil, especially on my T-zone. However, I had to take a break because it was drying out my skin TOO much.

Continuing with my home made natural skin care experiment, I tried the ever so popular Honey and Lemon face mask. Honey is antibacterial, hygroscopic and a source of antioxidants. You can read all about it's properties here. Paired with lemon juice, I thought these would be my 2 miracle ingredients.

source: google images

How to prepare/ use the mask:

- Simple. Just put a couple of spoons of honey enough to cover your face, in a bowl (I just use supermarket branded or Rowse) and add the juice of about 1/4 of a lemon. Mix well together.

- Apply all over the face with a spatula and leave for 10-15 minutes.

- Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply your regular moisturiser.

Verdict:

It's unbelievable how smooth your skin feels after this mask. Whilst I was using this mask (every other day for 2 weeks), I was at that happy point with my skin! I could pull off the tinted moisturiser only, sheer coverage, dewy look. When I stopped using it, a couple of days later, some little spots came back around my chin and you lose that smooth effect of course. So, if you want that clear and smooth skin, you have to keep using it frequently. I use it 2x a weeks now.

What are your experiences with natural face masks. Do you prefer them to packaged ones?
Honey & Lemon Face Mask Honey & Lemon Face Mask Reviewed by Unknown on 12:47 PM Rating: 5

Post AD