Header AD

New Polish Room

So I've been away because I recently moved. Now that things have settled down a bit, I should be able to get back into my routine. Before I start any nail art, I have to show you my new polish room. I had limited control over what I could do at my apartment, I wasn't allowed to paint, and if I bought new furniture pieces I would have had to lug it up a flight of stairs myself. Well at my new house I wanted to do it up and do it right! And it turned out soooooo good. I just love it! Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. I'll try to let you know what products I used or how I did it as we go along.


I painted the walls gray and added black stripes to an accent wall. To do the stripes, I just measured 6 inches apart and drew a little pencil mark. Then I placed blue painters tape down the height of the wall lining up to all of my pencil marks. It was a tedious process, but I knew that and that's why I stuck to an accent wall. ;) The bookcase is just a cheap item I bought at Target. I wanted it to have the damask pattern to the inside, so while I was constructing it according to the included directions, I altered it. Prior to nailing the back panel on, I layed it out and covered it with a patterned contact paper I also found at Target.

I got the black and metal computer desk as a freebie from my sister. I changed my desktop wallpaper to coordinate. The metal dress form was a housewarming present from when I moved into my apartment. The clock, mirror, and desk pin board were all bought at Hobby Lobby. I got the curtain from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I plan on having it hemmed about 1/2 inch because I hung the curtain rod too low, and it drags the floor. That was not my intention! Lol

The opposite side of the room is where I have my polishing station. Completely organized and well lit from my medusa lamp and my magnifying lamp. And I love the cute little teal pillow.

I have this little table to was originally brown, but I painted it black. The lamp and the faux books were also from Hobby Lobby. The fake books actually house my shipping supplies, bubble wrap, mailers, etc.

The wall rack is the same one I've had forever and shown you here. It's from the scrapbooking storage section at Michaels. The same collection that has the Melmers. It's meant to hang ribbon spools and knick-knacks, but I adapted it. It works great for polish and most brands fit either 2 bottles deep (OPI, China Glaze), or even 3 bottles deep (Essie, Barielle, Zoya). Here I have the more commonly used brands, and prettier bottles. ;)

Again at Target I bought a ClosetMaid 9 Cubeicals piece in black and then 3 of the fabric drawers in Ocean Blue. They are more teal in real life. My camera only sees blue. My little white dress used to be brown, but she got a paint job too.

On top of the Cubeicals piece I have these 3 photo storage boxes I got from Michaels. These house my seldom used polish brands and random polishes that didn't fit anywhere. Top box is back up bottles of favorite colors and others that are to swap or sell. Middle box is Revlon, Sation, and randomness. Bottom box is Sally Hansen, Wet N Wild, and Pure Ice.

My same Melmer got a makeover. I sanded/peeled off the scrapbooking paper I had on it and painted it a matching teal. I don't keep my polishes in here because it would be too top heavy when I pulled out the drawers. The Cubeicals is not sturdy enough. It would all toppled over. So instead, I have my printed pictures of inspiration in the top drawer. Nail art supplies in the middle drawer (foils, stamping polishes, striper polishes, microbeads, rhinestones.) The bottom drawer is my go to catch all. It's got my favorite nail art brushes, my clean up brush, files, cuticle pushers, clippers, nippers, etc.

In the Cubeicals unit there are some places I'm just storing random junk that isn't polish related. But I will show you all the ones that are. On the top row, far left is a white wicker basket that I already had. It keeps all of my swatchsicles.

The top row, middle space has a Scentsy wax melter. I got the white wooden "create" from Michaels for $1. And the little brown box I got when I bought a watch one time, it holds all of my stamping image plates.

The top row, far right is one of the fabric drawers that holds other commonly used products. Acetone, paper towels, lotion, sponges, & cuticle remover.

Middle row, far left is all of my acrylic paints and palettes. Middle section is another white wicker basket that holds cotton balls.

Then my desk. I looked for the longest time and couldn't find anything like what I wanted. I wanted solid black or white with a glass top. The glass top was critical because I wanted to be able to clean old polish off with acetone and not damage the surface. When I was in Target getting all of the other things I mentioned, this desk was just sitting there. A black computer desk with a glass top. On clearance for only $27! SCORE! I'm using the computer keyboard pull out tray to hold my tape dispenser, post its, spare camera batteries. Those are just clean paper towels on top for when I'm stamping.
I'm so incredibly happy with how it turned out! I could just stay in here all day long if I didn't have to work and have a life. ;) I hope you guys love it as much as I do!
New Polish Room New Polish Room Reviewed by Unknown on 4:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD