Header AD

Pink Dress Run Event and Nails!

So maybe you remember from my Glitter Flats DIY tutorial, that I was participating in a "Pink Dress Run" to support cancer research. Well that was last night. Boy am I tired! I'm not one to exercise, and let's face it.... I'm not running unless something is chasing me! But this was for a great cause, my entire family got into the spirit of it, and they said it was ok to just walk rather than run. They just wanted all to show up in their best pink dress/toga/tutu the GUYS and the girls! 1.5 miles, it wasn't far at all.

First up, my german dirndl that I mentioned in my glitter flats post. Here is a cropped out just me.
I had gotten a friend of mine that is a hairdresser, to do my hair with 2 crown braids and a side ponytail. I had bought 4 pink ombre clip in hair extensions that she mixed in to show hints of pink. I later pinned the white flowers in to hide the extension tracks that showed. Lol
Oh, and note to self: buy more comfortable walking shoes to glitterize! By the end of the walk my dad pointed out I had a horrible busted blister on the back of my heel. Forget leaving a trail of glitter.... I was leaving a trail of blood! Gross, I know.

This is my dad and mom. We as a family were representing an international support of breast cancer research. I was German, my dad was Hawaiian in a fabric scrap hula skirt with paper mache coconut bra, my mom had a DIY Scottish kilt (with coordinating props of a toy dagger tucked in her sock).
Why is she grabbing his left boob in this picture? I just have creepy fun parents apparently...

My sister Kim and her husband Micah. Kim didn't end up going all out. We had last minute drama related to her outfit. Poor planning on our part, she still ended up in a pink outfit though. Micah scoured the local resale shops to find something and scored big with someone's old Halloween costume. Complete with fat suit & fake boobs. Yes, those are not his hips.

Kim and I with two other nurses from our hospital that we talked into coming. They each handcrafted their ensembles. It's amazing what you can do with some tulle and random pink accessories!
If y'all want to see some of the other extreme outfits that were present, let me know. I have some good pictures and some not so good pictures, but they are funny regardless. They ended up giving out 8? awards I think for "best dressed" and it was just a loose contest involving cheering. Micah did get one award though, so props to him. Most awards of course went to the guys that were dedicated to their outfits!

Oh, and last but not least, my nails!

I got this gigantic hot pink stretchy rose ring at Rue21.
 Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbons on my accent nails.
 2 sizes for the polka dots on the other nails. The 3 polishes I used in this mani are all China Glaze. Something Sweet, Secondhand Silk, & Laced Up. Oh, and I put a layer of OPI Teenage Dream on the accent nail before the ribbon. Added some glitz.

And these are Kim's nails that she let me do. China Glaze Strawberry Fields (props to her for remembering that was it's name without having looked at the label! I didn't know she would know that!) Ring finger is Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud, a layer of GOSH Vanilla Ice, and the Strawberry Fields again for the ribbon.

Ok enough of that, hope you enjoyed it!
Pink Dress Run Event and Nails! Pink Dress Run Event and Nails! Reviewed by Unknown on 5:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD