Header AD

Across the Universe Franken

Revlon Blue Mosaic seems to contain all of the glitter types found in Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe. From swatch pictures I've seen, I thought if I could add the right blue base.... I might have a franken success. So my mission developed.

Here is how my franken turned out:
(2 coats)

I'll walk you through the steps in my process. First I layered Revlon Blue Mosaic over various dark blues to see if that would suffice.
2 coats of Revlon Blue Mosaic over OPI Dating A Royal:

Then I transferred my experimenting onto false nails and sticky notes. I guess you can consider this like that handwriting tag that floated around a while back. That's my script.





Then I would add a few drops of Essence Deep Blue Sea, then shake it like nobody's business.... Test it.... Add a few more drops, shake, repeat. I finally ended with this as seen below: 

I thought the base could be even richer to truly mimic Across the Universe. So I then tried layering it over Deep Blue Sea and I think it came out perfect.

I ended up using about 3/4 of the bottle of Blue Mosaic as you can tell below.

 Here you can see my franken on the left (in a cleaned out Barielle basecoat bottle I'd used up) with it's deeper blue base compared to the clear base of Blue Mosaic on the right.

I only ended with 1/2 bottle of my franken by the time all of my testing was over. In the end I like this polish and think it's gorgeous, but I'm so relieved that I didn't spend a true Lippmann price to experience it.

Again a swatch of 2 coats of Across the Universe franken version:

Across the Universe Franken Across the Universe Franken Reviewed by Unknown on 5:00 AM Rating: 5

Post AD